About our tour
We begin the tour sliding into the Teepee Village! Located on the frozen Great Slave Lake, the 10th largest lake in the world!
From there we enter a heated trapper's tent for an introduction/photoshoot with traditional clothing and furs
After tying on our snowshoes in the tent, we go explore nearby animal tracks and learn the timeline from ancient to modern traps
A few more Aboriginal games before we gather in the Teepee to build a fire on spruce bows and caribou hide bedding! (Roasted marshmallows optional)
After the fire we go inside for you to experience our Dene home and create a decorative souvenir to bring home! Spruce tip maple tea & homemade bannock will also be served!
Last photo's and farewells before the tour ends!
Schedule (1:00 pm - 3:00 pm)
- Traditional trap demonstration with a fur display & an interactive photoshoot
- Snowshoeing on the Great Slave Lake(winter)
- Learn how to build a fire inside a teepee/roast marshmallows
- Create your own mini drum to take home with you
- Tea and bannock
- Aboriginal games including leg wrestling, pole push and wood sawing
- Sliding into camp on Great Slave Lake (winter)
$120.00 + G.S.T per person
867 - 688 - 0989
867 - 688 - 5494
*Fall season excludes snowshoes and sliding as we are still waiting for the ice to freeze
* Net rates available for the travel trade